Question : I have recently purchased a new LED TV but the problem has only one set of RCA connectors and two HDMI ports. I found out that it is possible to convert signals from RCA to HDMI but I have my doubts because HDMI are digital while RCA are analog. Will it really work if I use this converter?
Answer : Well, it is normal for many people to have such questions. But you need to understand that RCA connectors were developed in 1940 by Radio Corporation of America and still remain the most common analog video and audio connectors.
However, there are digital HDMI (high definition multimedia interface) connections available in modern technology that offers great bandwidth and higher quality audio and video than RCA. So, in order for you to be able to pair RCA signals with HDMI you need a powered converter box to make connection. Converter boxes are available to convert RCA signals HDMI.
How do I convert RCA audio or visuals?
With a simple passive cable you cannot succeed in converting RCA to HDMI. You need to have a converter. Below are some of the best converters that combine analog audio or video into HDMI output:
- Composite RCA to HDMI audio/visual converter, not RCA-to-HDMI cables. — this can’t turn analog to digital.
- Component RCA to HDMI audio or visual converter with a charger
They both have good reviews and are pocket friendly. All the reviewers gave them 5 out of 5 stars while most of them believed it increased quality of both the picture and audio. Therefore, there can be of great help to you.
To convert RCA to HDMI you need to
1. Purchase a HMDL converter box specific to the type of HDMI connection you require. You can easily determine the connection type via color scheme. In most cases, composite RCA connectors use red, yellow and white while component RCA connectors use red, green and blue.
2. Connect the converter to HDMI in port on the devices you wish to connect
3. Connect the other end of RCA cable to RCA converter box and HDMI cable into the converter’s HDMI output. Make sure that the color of the connectors match and also that converter colors match.
4. Connect the other side of HDMI cable to the component in or component out ports on the TV and match the colors on the ports and connectors.
5. Plug in the converter box. In case the converter has separate power, switch it on to complete the conversion.
Question : What if am connecting video player to a screen with only RCA jacks with the other device having only HDMI jacks?
Answer : In this case, a converter is the best way to solve this problem to be able to transmit audio and video signals. You simply need a converter box. Converter has female RCA input and female HDMI output and it is a very simple process. Simply plug RCA cable to the RCA input to the converter HDMI cable to the HDMI output of the converter.
You do not have to worry about converting your audio or visual signals from analog to digital. With RCA to HDMI converter it can surely be done. All you need is to have a good converter and the results will be awesome.